Monday, August 29, 2011

sneak peek

You remember how I said I have been working on making a room that was once for one now for two....it is still a work in progress....but here's a sneak peek

I am really proud of myself. If you've ever watched the show, Design on a Dime - I feel like  I could give them a run for their money.

I bought this off of Craig's List for $100.  It is actually a corner TV armoire - but I like to think outside the box and feel like it is the best use of the space.....

let's face it - I wasn't feeling that color and we all know how much I love to paint furniture! so here it is:

We are going to put a rod in the top portion (where the TV is supposed to go).  We now call it a multi-purpose armoire.  (notice that I spray painted the hardware - which is a HUGE savings!)

Here is a mirror that I bought at Goodwill for $8



Here it is finished and in place.
More pics will come soon - we are working on their headboard and other things to make it more personal and well.....better suited for our new addition!  


1 comment:

  1. Ok, I am going to make you my personal thrifty shopper person! Wow, you do know how to shop on a dime!!! It looks beautiful and can you believe that you will soon find out more about our (yes, I am claiming the newest Runner one of MY kids too!) Maggie?!

    ReplyDelete