Sunday, May 1, 2011

What if....

Today a song was sung at church that is heart wrenching. Two beautiful friends had sent me this song to hear as I was dealing with hurtful things that were said about Eric and I adopting, on top of my dad being in ICU, on top of my sister's hurt in dealing with a husband that has left.............

Here it is...

In my prayers tonight for our baby girl in a far away land....I heard this song and prayed for the birth mother of our baby......my heart aches for her. I can't imagine what she is going through.....I think about her often. I wonder if she is alive.  I wonder how she is dealing with it....

Truth be told in the past I have prayed for our child that is out there.....the birth mother hasn't been front and foremost in my mind (and yes, in case you are wondering -  I do pray that I could be a better person.) :)

I have a special friend that told me the other day that she prays for the birth momma everyday.........tonight, I am reminded that she is out there....she has to either give her baby up (who she loves just as much as I love my  babies....) because she cannot feed her or because she is suffering with an illness where she has no option but to let her baby go......I hope (and now, will pray) that she will feel blessed from this experience.  When we go to Ethiopia for our first visit - we must meet her.  Yep, face to face.....momma ey momma...I can't even wrap my brain around that.  I am fully aware of how critical this meeting is and I have to be prepared to love her child as my own......I am not worried or concerned about that - but I have to make her fully aware and convince her of that........I want her to know that this child will be a Runner.....How in God's green earth do you do that?  I have to relay that to this woman who speaks another language and who loves this lil' being, that I can take her place.....

I hope that her sleepless nights of worry and fear are comforted in knowing that Eric and I love her daughter just as much as she does and above all that He loves her baby....then finally, that the trials in this life are His mercies in disguise...no pressure....

No comments:

Post a Comment