Tuesday, May 31, 2011

True Life Story

I love to sit back and just take life in sometimes.....I get overwhelmed with me, me, me....my job, my finances, my family, keeping up with the Jones's so to speak.....and then WHAM!!!!  I am face to face with real life people who are doing some super extraordinary things.....and that is what life is about....it is not about all the junk that I like to throw myself in......

Picture it...6:00 my neighbor comes to the door.  (She is quiet - is single) I think 'what's wrong?' She nicely asks if Eric and I would mind to wheel out her trash cause she just DONATED A KIDNEY!!!!!!!!!! Seriously, donated a kidney.....let that sink in....Has it?  No, really has it......?

We talked - it was a friend of hers from work.....not a pal that she grew up with...not a boyfriend or someone that she was romantically linked with....a friend...........

I look out my front window and my neighbor is a hero.....

Then in my back yard I have neighbors that just returned from their first visit meeting their new son from Ethiopia....yeah Ethiopia.  I told you God is hilarious........

This life is so much more than us....

My front door neighbor - has a friend that would have either been sentenced to a life of  transfusions and other things that I don't know about or even worse death if it had not been for my neighbor's act of complete and total kindness....

Then again, my back door neighbor is adopting a child that in all respect at the mere age of five is considered in most cases too old to adopt......yes, a five year old boy is considered in most families too old to adopt.....I look at my baby and seriously say.....are you kidding me?  If not for my backyard neighbors this boy may very well grow up in an orphanage and then be released into the world...void of love.......what would that mean for him....I won't write it, I am sure that you can figure it all out.

I am so stinkin' selfish!  I hate that about me........I don't mean this in any way other than the plain truth.....We had to write off big checks today....I was so consumed with what it was costing me....nevermind the fact that God honestly made the money multiply and I still don't know how in the world it happened....Eric says miscalculations....but seriously......

Then in the midst of my temper tantrum (not because I don't want to adopt but merely my selfishness) I talk to my neighbor who I rarely talk to - in order to find out that SHE DONATED A KIDNEY!!!!!
If you happen to read this and think circumstances are funny.....YOU ARE INSANE.....God is real and he has an uncanny sense of humor..............

No comments:

Post a Comment