Friday, April 15, 2011

Career Day was a success!

Today was career day at the school and the kids were all dressed up in what they wanted to be when they get all 'growed up'.  It was so stinkin' cute!  Kids are hilarious!  I would show you pictures except I am now the mom that carried her camera in, set it down and totally forgot to use it.....sheesh. 

During career day the agency that is doing our homestudy was there.....I sat in and listened to her.....it was great.  She showed a video - seriously! a video!  I was sitting next to three girlfriends and let me tell you we were just holding in those snot bubbles....how sweet it is to see parents holding and loving on their child for the first time....For the first time I didn't cry because my heart breaks for those children that are there (though it does) I cried 'cause my baby is out there and I can't wait to hold her.  I can't wait to meet her. To be honest I left the room feeling completely rejuvanted in that this is what we are supposed to do. 

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” - Mark Twain

No comments:

Post a Comment