Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Sometimes God just makes me laugh

Let me set the stage for you....last Thursday some of my sweet, sweet and very dear friends sponsored a Purse and Dessert Party to help our family raise funds.  It was a combo ThirtyOne and Pampered Chef Party.  Sidenote: Funny story when they were planning it for me - I had no idea......I heard them talking one day about having a party.....I thought I wasn't invited......how stupid am I?

I was covered in love and completely humbled by how nice people are. It was so amazingly giving of my friends and church family to come out to support me - pics are coming soon! 

Now for the God making me laugh part.......

We met with our social worker on Monday and let me start off by saying she is GREAT!  She knows the ins and out of all of it.  She has two beautiful babies that she has brought home from Ethiopia, who we got to hold and love on.  Then to top it off - she is a Hilltopper too!  How great is that?  I love fellow WKU grads. 

We sat and talked in her office.  We asked questions - she answered them.  It was a very good adoption day.  We discussed next steps and how much each next step would be......well........the money that was raised from the party will almost cover the first expense of the homestudy almost in its entirety!!!!!!  Our Heavenly Father is funny, funny! 

Thanks so much to each and everyone of you that has offered support and prayers! The Runner Family is humbled by all your kindness!  I am enjoying the journey of adoption but really can't wait to get my hands on our baby girl!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment