Monday, April 2, 2012

Well...it's that time

I guess you want to know, right?

well...before I give our number away... I wanted to share something I just read with you.  I don't have lots of free time to read blogs and just play on the internet.....but tonight, I sat down to Jen Hatmaker (thanks Tammi for the link) and well...it really is greatness.  If you want to check out her blog just click 'here'

Here is something I took from a blog post she has:

As for me, I’m going to move with the movers.
When it is all said and done, when my grandchildren read about Joseph Kony and eleven-year-old sex slaves in Haiti and children sleeping on the streets in Ethiopia and foster kids in their fifteen home, and they say, “What did you do about all these tragedies?”
I am not going to say, “Well, I didn’t want to be labeled a white supremacist, so I wrote mean blogs about folks who threw their hat in the ring.”

I am not going to say, “It was complicated. So I didn’t do anything.”
I am not going to say, “People were extremely critical back then. It was PR suicide to engage difficult issues. I remained troubled but silent on the sidelines. I cared in my mind.”
I am not going to say, “I researched and debated and read a lot of books and articles. I was very, very informed. Believe me, I understood the issues. I waxed very poetic about it all.”
I hope to say, “I joined the fight, because justice denied anywhere means justice denied everywhere. I jumped in, imperfectly, even though I knew critics would come out of the woodwork, questioning my motives and methods and ignorance and intentions. I decided to use my voice and my resources, because that could be my daughter and my sister and my community. That mother is me. Those children are you. I didn’t get it perfectly right. I couldn't address it all. I couldn't even address the entire scope of one problem. I didn’t change the whole world. But I moved.”
May we not move foolishly.
Or arrogantly.
Or rashly.
Or naively.
But may we move.

amen sista!

So my sweet, dear friends.....may you move.  I can't say how you should move or what you should do- that is between you and our Lord.....but you CAN do something.  

May I be blunt with you for a moment?  I grew up in Holy Cross, Ky.  Never heard of it, huh?  I'm not surprised.  It's no man's land...literally.  If you know me - then you know how incredibly inept I am in most things.  It took a lot of prayer and A LOT of faith to get off my tushy and move....but I am moving.

I am still scared....REALLY scared, but I am more scared to spend the rest of my days conforming to this world......the expectations of what I should have (i.e. living a life full of more consumerism versus depriving myself of things (vacations, nice purses or shoes, etc) to bring a child into our home.  

I am a people pleaser - I don't want to upset anyone or put a little ripple in the water....seriously....it pains me to do it.....but for Maggie, Ethan and Reagan - I will. EVERY.SINGLE.TIME.

I will defend my children.  I will love my children.  I will provide food, clothes and shelter.  I will bring Maggie into our home - a child that has no biological, cultural or any other kind of connection with me (us)...not because of who I am but because of who our God is.  Some people still don't understand...I don't either to be honest.  I do know I have changed and my life has changed and though it is not required from me....i want to be a living example.  

This Easter Season I am reminded at my core that God sent His Son for me.  This man without sin bore mine and yours so that we may have everlasting life.  Who am I to say this world is more, stuff means more or that my comfort means more...

I can't do that.  

My heart hurts because I have a child that is out there waiting for me...waiting for parents and a family. Soon we will be blessed with our girl.  

Thanks for everyone that has kept us in prayer.  Thanks for your love and support.  

We are now #6.  :)  

Last but not least a video...




Thanks Dwan for the video!


1 comment:

  1. catching up on blog posts as I have been out of the country on a mission trip! thanks for the link....:) celebrating with you on your referral:)

    ReplyDelete